Advice gen4 1.6 120hp

• Hi everyone,

Sorry that i write in English. I just moved to Germany and my German is not that good. Anyway back at home i have a CRV gen 3 with 2.0 petrol engine. I im thinking about gen 4 but i have so many questions:

- is the gen 4 interior smaller then the gen 3? Or it just seems like that to me?

- how is this car with rust issues? i gonna watch cars from Germany, do they have rust issues?

- is it possible to find gen4 1.6diesel from 2014 with Standheizung?

- with the gen3 i am super satisfied i only do regular services nothing more is the gen4 also so reliable?

- are all preface lift with xenon lights?

- is 100-120 000km for this engine too much? what is the expected mileage on this engines? what should i expect to be for servicing on mileage around 120 000km?

- is there a way to improve that dead spot of the engine till 2000rpm? does pedal box improves this?

Thank you for your replays if i think of something else i will write :)

• Hi nikola_bb,

my english ist not the best, but I try to give some inputs...

Many information about the car you can read in the tests from ADAC ... look there:

ADAC Autotestsuche | ADAC

In mobile.de you get a good overview about available cars in Germany (you can filter "Standheizung")

For my opinion a pedal box only change the characteristic line of the response, but do not change the characteristic of the motor itself... but perhaps here is someone who has an better technical knowledge.

• Hi nikola_bb ,

1) I don´t think the gen4 interior is smaller, but I´m not 100% sure.

2) I had my 2014 CR-V Diesel for almost 9 years and 232.000 km - no rust issues. I live in an area where salt is used in the winter sometimes (Black Forest) However, my car has always been parked in a garage.

3) That should be possible (aftermarket installation), but it may not be easy - because CR-Vs are rare in Germany.

4) I had no issues whatsoever with my gen 4 CR-V. That car turned me into a Honda fanboy, whereas before I have not been loyal to any brand.

5) Definitely not, Halogen was standard. And the Halogen is really not the best.

6) As mentioned before - I sold my CR-V on January 7 with 232.000 km. The car was in very good technical condition, the engine running smoothly ( I used 0W30 Petronas Syntium oil). The engine should be good for 400.000 km at least. I rarely exceeded 120 km/h on the highway, I must add. For necessary service at 120.000 km, please use Google.

7) I had the pedal box, and it was a very useful modification. The throttle response was so much better. I can offer the pedal box for the 120 hp engine to you for 110 Euros including shipping.

Regards,

d_s

• Thank you for your answers. I will have you in mind for the pedalbox when i buy the car. And what would be normal price for car with around 100-150 000km? The market is crazy and i dont have idea what would be normal price.

• The "normal" price is the price you are willing to pay.

• I have never measured these times, and what is a "normal winter day"? Anyway, the heating will work well after a few (~5) minutes. Operating temp should be reached when the engine oil temperature is 75°C, but there is no gauge for oil temperature. My educated guess would be 15 minutes.

• Hands off the 1.6 Liter! The double supercharged engine is a mess... =O ||

Grüße vom Goldwing
    -------------------------------
    ehemals: CR-V 2,2 Ltr. i-DTEC Exe, EZ 04/2014
    schwarz, Leder dunkelgrau, Schaltung, HDD-Navi,
    abnehmbare AHK, Standheizung, Dachspoiler usw,

verkauft: 09/2022

• Hands off the 1.6 Liter! The double supercharged engine is a mess... =O ||

I would not go with the double turbos.... I was considering about the 120hp version.

I see you drive 2.2, this is also very reliable engine. I would like to know the consumption in real everyday usage?